Sunday, December 22, 2013

Emotions in Art

Level 4 students explored how artists express emotion in art by using the arts elements in different ways. They learnt how to analyse an artwork and identify the expressive qualities.

From looking at the work of Joy Hester, Francis Bacon and Edvard Munch they each conducted an individual project where they were required to create three works of art (medium of their own choice) expressing three different emotional states.

My students constantly surprise me and I am always impressed by how much information they actually take in and then use in their art making. Their outcomes from this project were fantastic.

I will miss the Grade 6 students as they move on to their next stage of learning and go into High School. It has been a pleasure to teach them and I wish them the best of luck.




























No comments:

Post a Comment