Monday, June 29, 2015

Street Art continued with Grade 5 and 5 students

During the holidays before I took the students on the Lane-way Tour I attended a workshop run by the same tour company http://www.melbournestreettours.com/. The workshop was dedicated to how to make a stencil. I used the skills I learnt from the day to teach my students how to create a two-layered stencil using their own photo. After creating a stencil the students were shown how to spray paint effectively to finish their work. This was one of the hardest projects I have attempted with my students. The second layer of the stencil was challenging and most students needed my help. Some students did a fabulous job though and the results speak for themselves. Next time I would just do a one-layer stencil unless I had an assistant and longer class times :)























No comments:

Post a Comment